What is Teacher Visibility?
bulb connects students and teachers through groups. When a teacher owns a group with student members, the teacher will be able to view all shared work by those students in his/her group. This means student work that is shared to other teachers and groups, even from previous years, can be seen by the current teacher.
Teacher Visibility applies to all groups- created by you or bulb. As long as the students account is associated with the same organization as the teacher account, teacher's can view all shared work in a students portfolio.
How to use Teacher Visibility
1. Navigate to a group (that you are the owner of).
2. Open the members tab and select a student.
3. You are now viewing the student’s profile and you have access to view all work that has been shared-no matter how or when it was shared.
1) Q: Is there an easy way to tell if this feature applies to my groups?
A: Two things- You must have an Educator role type bulb account to gain Teacher View & you also must be the owner of the group. To determine the owner of a group, look for the person icon on your group list. Or within the Members tab, the tile will say "Owner"
2) Q: I can’t see my student’s work, why?
A: There could be a few different factors.
1. Make sure the student has actually shared pages within a collection. Pages within a collection must be shared for a teacher to see the work. Teachers are not able to see unshared work.
2. You might be the owner of a group with student members, but not a role type teacher in the system. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm or adjust your role type. This feature only applies to role type teacher/educator.
3. You are not the owner of the group. You must be the group owner to see students’ shared work.