Remote Learning Instructions for Students
- Click HERE to access the bulb YouTube Channel
- Click HERE to access bulb quick tips
- Click HERE to access remote learning templates and assignments to get you stared.
Your bulb account:
Once you create a bulb account you get to keep it free for life.
1. Use any device & open Chrome, Safari or Edge (or download the bulb iOS app).
2. Go to the unique url that your school provided you.
3. Fill in all of the empty fields or select the Google or Microsoft button to connect your account to Google/MO365 sign in.
4. Make sure you use your school email when creating your bulb account.
Personalize your profile:
1. ADD COVER IMAGE- Use the WEB SEARCH option to find a great appropriate photo.
2. ADD an avatar image- instead of using a picture of your face, we suggest you add an image of your favorite thing.
2. Put your cursor over the words “Tell everyone who you are in 140 characters” and start typing a short description about yourself.
Join a class group:
1. Click the hamburger menu (3 lines in the upper right hand corner) and select the GROUPS menu.
2. Click the JOIN GROUP and enter the group code provided by your teacher- You will now be in your class group.
3. You can return to this group anytime and click the CONTENT menu inside the group to see collections shared by other students.
Create a collection:
1. Click the bulb logo to navigate to your profile (home) page.
2. Click CREATE COLLECTION
A collection is like a folder- it holds your bulb pages and keeps them organized by theme.
3. Title your collection with your class name (i.e. Science) and click CREATE.
4. ADD A COVER IMAGE to make your collection visually interesting and easy to find.
5. In the cover, click into the grey field under VISIBLE TO.
6. Select your class group to share this collection with.
Click HERE to learn more about collections.
Copy a template from your teacher:
1. Go to your class group and select the CONTENT tab.
2. Click on the assignment template you want to copy.
3. Once the assignment is open, scroll to the very bottom of the page and in the black footer click on the words USE TEMPLATE.
4. Once you click USE TEMPLATE, it will take you back to your profile page.
5. Count to 10 and then refresh your web browser, and the template will be on your profile!
Click HERE to learn more about templates.
Complete the assignment:
Put your cursor on the page to start typing or hit ENTER/RETURN to reveal the blue buttons to add multimedia.
TEXT- just start typing to add text. To format text, highlight the text. The “T” button will give you different font, color and size options.
VIDEO- upload directly from your mobile device camera roll or upload a video file from your computer.
IMAGE- Use web search to find filtered & free to use images, or add an image from your storage space in the cloud.
FILE- embed a PDF, word, Excel or Google file. The document will actually show in full on the bulb page.
AUDIO- Record an audio file directly onto the bulb page or add an audio file saved on your computer or the cloud.
URL- Embed a website url or a url from a creation application such as Nearpod, Padlet, Prezi, Quizlet, etc. Many embeds will be interactive right on the bulb page.
Change your cover image to personalize your page.
The page automatically saves, but it is not visible to your group until you PUBLISH.
Publish/share your page:
1. Click PUBLISH in the upper right corner.
2. You will notice that your groups that you added to your collection are already displayed under VISIBLE TO.
3. Lastly, select PUBLISH at the bottom of the panel.
4. If your school uses Google Classroom to turn in assignments, learn how to turn in your bulb page to Google Classroom HERE.
Click HERE to learn more about publishing and sharing.
Quick bulb glossary & resources
Profile: This is the homepage of your portfolio. The url is www.bulbapp.com/username
Collections: A way to organize pages by theme or topic. You can put pages into collections and have sub-collections.
Pages: Where work comes to life with text and multimedia. Pages can live singly on a profile or within a collection.
Groups: A private space to share content with members only.